Here I keep a running list of places I want to go, things I want to do, people I want to meet:
- Cuba (29th Birthday in February 2017)
- Aruba (May 2016). I want to go back just to see the pink flamingos.
- Cabin weekend in Blue Ridge, GA. My family and I surprised my mother for her 50th in 2015. I am ready to go back this year for Father’s Day weekend.
- Visit Harriet Tubman Home (Visited 2015, 2017…) I plan to go every year during Women’s History Month.
- Morocco (March 2018)
- Mexico (Maya Riviera in November 2016) The goal is to go every year. It’s a beautiful country filled with beautiful people.
- Mexico City (Next on list for 30th Birthday trip. It will be first time traveling solo to another country.)
- See Frida Kahlo‘s art in person. I am obsessed with her. I paid homage to her this past Halloween.
- Have some of my art featured in an art show. This is happening (!!!). I’ll post more information soon.
- Speak Spanish better and learn Italian (I’m moving to Italy within the next year to pursue one of my dreams. More details on that later.)
- Earn my master’s in Journalism Innovation (half way there!) and get accepted to the PhD program at Newhouse.
- Ride in a hot air balloon. (Planned for Morocco trip in March 2018)
- Be in the presence of Oprah. I had to pleasure of seeing her up close when she came to cut the ribbon for my school’s grand opening ceremony.
- I must see Anita Baker in concert this year. She announced this will be her last year. I listen to hear music almost daily. Her music has gotten me through some tough moments.
- See Beyonce performance. I am what you consider a stan, and I am ashamed to say I wasn’t ever able to see her in live action…yet.
- Be in the presence of Rihanna.
- I want to meet Michelle Obama. I want to shake her hand. I want to embrace her.